Each month, following the main presentation, ECC holds a critique and contest.
The theme for the each month’s contest is chosen once the speaker is announced and published on the Contest page. In addition to the main theme, contestants may submit images in our rotating category (Wildlife, Landscape, Open (anything)). We also follow the contest with any “fun” images, this category is for any photo you would like to submit. It will not be judged, just shown to the audience for fun!! The entries could be funny moments, oops moments, cute, bad backgrounds, ah shots, etc. (Or let’s see some of your worst selfies!!)
- Up to three images per member per month may be submitted
- Images must be received by 6 p.m. the Monday before the main meeting.
- Please submit images with at least 1200 pixels on the long dimension, JPG file format. Keep in mind that they will be displayed on an HD projector at 1920×1280, images larger than that will be scaled down.
- File name should contain the submitter’s name (e.g., jsmith_reallyniceimage01.jpg)
- Images should be no more than 3 years old, and may not be submitted for multiple monthly competitions (may be submitted at a monthly contest and year-end contest).
Submissions are accepted from paid members only. The critique is typically done by our monthly speaker, and contestant names are anonymous, with only the winners’ names announced. Seeing a variety of images and hearing an expert review of the submissions, is a great way to learn how to improve your photography.
Contest entries receive points toward a prize at the end of the year, and winners earn even more points!
POINTS FOR YEAR END PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED IN EACH CATEGORY AS FOLLOWS:
1 POINT FOR PARTICIPATION
3 POINTS FOR RUNNER UP
5 POINTS FOR WINNER
Send images to:
firstname.lastname@example.org for beginners and intermediates
email@example.com for the advanced photographers
firstname.lastname@example.org for the rotating category (open, wildlife, landscape)
email@example.com for the fun category
By submitting an image, you give Evergreen Camera Club permission to post the image on our website and to use the image in promoting the club – you of course retain ownership of the image.